RSS

Where is the love?



Why can't the field of journalism deal with issues of the heart? Is it too subjective? Not appealing enough? Has the subject of love gotten so cliché that it is somehow a taboo for me to write about it in a journalism blog? Well if it is- too bad, because I simply cannot keep this in any longer.

You can consider me a hopeless romantic. I believe in true love and am not afraid to admit it. I fantasise about the day I get to grow old with that one person, and am tired of being criticised for it.

The stare I receive from society that insults my intelligence, by diagnosing me with some form of naive abnormality for believing in commitment, tears at me every day. How can anyone believe that the "one night stands", "cheating is acceptable" and "marriage is jail" ideology society has somehow developed in the last few decades, could bring real happiness?

Is it not logical to think that the false ideas of love and the flexibility of social mores in society has something to do with the rising statistics on divorce?

How could something so pure and extraordinary, become so polluted? Commitment has somehow become the little, but very evident, piece of spinach everyone tries to avoid, that sneaks into the gaps of your two front teeth. It humiliates you, and fills you with shame, until you feel nothing but relief when you flick it out and throw it into the wind.

I may be alone in this, but I believe that life is nothing without love. So if my happiness means being an outcast and walking around with an entire vegetable garden between my teeth, I have nothing to say but, "Let's start sowing!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations! You've just found the most exciting, entertaining and informative blog around! We aim to satisfy all young and budding journalist student's needs for journalistic tips, debates and reviews. So buckle up, and embrace everything we have to offer you...
 
Copyright 2009 Journ - Inside Out All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes